Saturday 5 September 2015

Cute Pastel Bunting


Afternoon all! 

Hope you are all enjoying the start of your weekend? 

I'm trying to get some crochet and time with Mr. B, before I go to work tomorrow. Not there for long though, then off Tuesday for college and Thursday and Friday for birthday shenanigans! Can't wait!! 21! Can't believe I'll be that old next week haha 


This is the bunting that I was on about in the last post that I was making for my mum, a substitute as I still haven't finished her blanket :/ Nearly done though! Should hopefully be finished before the end of the month! There's photo of the bunting up in the living room above the fireplace - not practical I know! It was only for the blog then it's going into the caravan! 
Beautiful photo of my dear Nan on the mantelpiece too, do miss her ever so much. 

Aren't they just beautiful? I really do love these colours together and the mint green colour is so gorgeous! Information below!

Yarn: 
Sirdar Hayfield Bonus DK - Iced Pink 
Patons Fab DK - Mint 
Patons Fab DK - White 

Patterns:



In the pattern it says to go to round 7 though I only went to round 6 as I felt that it was perfect size for the bay window on the caravan and didn't want them to be even bigger. I then used the blocking method - for the first time! And boy was I impressed, it makes a HUGE difference and from now on shall be doing it with all the other work and projects. It just made them look so neat and perfect. 

I popped them onto facebook and got so many comments I as so happy as a lot of heard work went into them and they we're so fun to make! I  have linked both patterns and the yarns I used above, so you can give it a go yourself. Both from Attic 24, although I don't know her personally, Lucy has the most colourful and wonderful patterns there is on the Internet, they are just perfect. If you are new, do go and give her a look or follow on Facebook as her patterns are so helpful and lovely!


I managed to add on the heart appliques without showing any seems on the back of the triangles which I am over the moon about as they look so neat and tidy!
I added a border of white double crochet around all 6 triangles to make them stand out and more uniform which I think just gives them those finishing touches! I then chained 10 stitches before and between the triangles and them joined them altogether on the chain with a double crochet. 


They're just so pretty and I love them to pieces, the colours, design everything! I will definitely be making these again, if you want to make them too go on over to Attic 24's site and discover all the  great and wonderful things Lucy has in store for you! 









No comments:

Post a Comment