Tuesday 4 August 2015

Bag Update


Hey everyone! 

Hope we're all okay? 

It's just a quick update really, you know the bags that I we're making a couple of weeks ago? 

Well...They're finished!

Here's the front of the Space bag - I did eventually add in some red ribbon for the drawstring, but I forgot to take a pic! I'll post another one up at some point!




Here's the space one that I made out of the lovely, vintage space material that I found in my Nan's sewing room. This material and all the others are so unique and I just love them, more so because they were what my nan purchased years ago, and now that she's not around anymore, I feel like I have some small connection with her and I love it. She would of been happy and pleased that I'm making good use out of them!

Back in the day my nan was a seamstress, and I remember going to Colebrothers in town and walking around aimlessly with her, looking at all the different materials and buttons and what not, it was so lovely. I also I have a pink blanket with white sheep on, that I remember going with her to get when I was younger :) 

Anyway!...

And here's the back of the bag! Such lovely colours! 


I also made another one, I couldn't help myself! This material was a little bit thicker which was nice to work with, but not as smooth going through the machine as the other two (Green pinstripe one) 

The material was lovely and bright, it reminds me of Spain for some reason. I think it's the colours and flowers on the material itself, so lovely and vibrant though. I added some lime green ribbon for the drawstring and I think it makes it stand out all together and brings in those colours! 



Here's a close up of the pattern and the drawstring!! I love it! I know that the stitching on the ribbon is red, I didn't have any green so just had to improvise, but I don't mind as it's only for me!


I will do another post soon as I an working on mini project! Keep your eyes open for it! 

Much love as always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment