Saturday 29 August 2015

A Very Special Birthday!


Today was my mum's 53rd Birthday! So this is kind of like an appreciation post for mum. 

She requested the Vintage Victoria Sponge cake, from Sprinkle, Sparkle and Magic (Yours truly!) 
Which is two layers of moist and fluffy vanilla sponge cake, sweet fresh cream, blueberries and strawberries, then dusted with icing sugar and topped with more fruit and cream! Perfect for a summers day!

 

You can find the recipe for the above cake here, go check it out! 


The day was filled with slight sunshine and warmth, I really didn't want to go to work cause I wanted to be with my mum! But I'm off until Tuesday so I get to spend the day with her tomorrow which is great! Dad did a great BBQ which was lovely and the whole family came down which was nice too, sadly, Mr. B couldn't be here but he's with his family too which is fair enough! :) 


We are currently watching the new Tv programme The Strain, it's quite good although I don't like what they have done with the Vampires and the tongues and what not, it's strange and just doesn't seem right. But anyway it's okay I suppose we both have our knitting and crochet! This is our beautiful and handsome dog Harry! Also known as Puppy-roo and Harry Potter haha but they're just nicknames haha. He's getting old bless him, he's 14 now :( Want him forever! 



There is some crafts on here tonight! My mum knitted these beautiful cardigans for my second cousin, they're just wonderful! The colourful one is my favourite, think I might get her to teach me how to Knit, I would like to know :) At the moment I'm making some Granny Bunting Triangles, they we're going to be put up around the garden but didn't have time to make them. So I'm just going to add it onto her now, late birthday present (Blanket) and she can put them up around the Caravan which will be lovely. 

All in all, today has been great and I've enjoyed it and so has mum! 

Will post some more tomorrow, 

Much love as always, 

No comments:

Post a Comment