Sunday 2 August 2015

Learning The Puff Stitch


Hey everyone! 

Hope we're all okay? 

I've had a good day, work has been good but now I'm getting tired, I just want to curl up in to a ball and do some crocheting.

Displaying IMG_20150801_104850.jpg

I recently learnt a new Granny Square pattern, with thanks to Bella Coco, her videos are amazing and so much help! I just love this pattern and the colours that I have used for the squares!

Displaying DSC_2532.JPG

Although I am not new to crocheting, I am new however, to some stitches. Such as the Puff Stitch, which has now become one of my favourites and it just looks so pretty! 

I thought it would of taken me longer to figure out the stitch but it wasn't that hard, it was a bit complicated at first because I couldn't get the hook to go through all 7 loops, but then on the next Puff Stitch square, I crocheted them a little baggy and the hook went straight through like a dream! 

I am currently making 7 blankets and this is one of them, it's for my mum who's birthday is this month on the 29th, so I've got to get cracking with it! 

Displaying DSC_2528.JPG

So far I have done about six squares, I still have a long way to go and I'm hoping I can get it finished in time, but I'm starting to learn and remember the patterns quickly.

I have found that the quickest way for me to get through them personally, and to get more done is to do them as a group. So with the above photo for example, I would crochet loads of 'part squares' up to The Puff Stitch stage, then I would carry on and do the next round...

Displaying DSC_2534.JPG

As above, and then I would do the final stage. This way I get to learn the pattern quicker by continuously doing the same stitch over and over, instead of changing stitches and colours all the time. And I also get the squares done quicker too.

Displaying IMG_20150801_104850.jpg

So, I'm getting there quite quickly, or I would hope I am haha I'm currently trying to find some other patterns for the other blankets I'm doing, well I only need one for another blanket, but I'll find one soon enough. If anyone out there has any patterns, please let me know! :) 

I love the colours of the squares, they just seem to go together really well and look nice and summery.

Just a quick post to say where I am at the moment, will post some more later and tomorrow as I've got to get cracking with these squares! ;) 

Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment